Michigan Bloom Workshop Recap: Part Two


Are you ready for some serious pretty?! I'm bursting at the seams to show this next set of pictures to you! Yesterday we showed you Part One of our Michigan Bloom Workshop recap, and today is Part Two. During the first part of our time together at Bloom, we teach about the how's and why's of blogging, how to use social media for your business and blog, Ashley teaches on photography, and I teach on interior design and styling. For the second part of the day, we head outside and give the attendees a chance to practice what they just learned, allowing them to photograph and style an inspiration shoot I have designed. It's always a sure highlight of the day for the guests!

With the help of some fabulously talented artists and vendors, I designed a wedding-inspiraiton-shoot  with a black and white table runner as my starting point. As I teach at Bloom, the inspiration for your photo shoot, room design, painting, photography, etc. all starts from a new idea, concept, piece of fabric, pattern, color and more. From there, you build your story. After securing the black and white table cloth from Mrs. Freund & Co. (something that was new to me, as I have never worked with a graphic stripe in event design before!) I pulled in some softer hues of peach, pink, magenta, orange and more berry colors, to help give it a bit of an end-of-summer / fall color palette. Shelby, of The Day's Design, designed and executed the florals perfectly. She is SO good! The flowers always bring the design to life! 

The gold flatware, peachy napkin, gold charger, plates, and stemware from The Rental Company all made the tabletop design complete! Take a look at the set up, the attendees at work shooting, and some of my favorite images from our photographer for the day, Jenn Anibal.



I mean...these flowers. Just too good.

Styling tip: Always fill your glasses with liquid, or the table will look unfinished! This is also true for an interior design shoot. If glasses, china, or bowls are on a table or out in general (unless they are clearly for display only), they should be filled. I once heard to fill a glass about 3/4 of the way full for interior shots to give it that "lived in" feel :)

Ashley and I teaching on how to style invitation suites.

The gals checking out the gorgeous bride and groom and snapping some photos of that beautiful gown.


Whatever it takes to get that shot! :)

Our amazing hair and makeup artist, Hailey Hollstein, fixing up our model's hair!

And now, some gorgeous photos of the finished product!











Wedding gowns: Spring Sweet / Calligraphy: Graceline Calligraphy / Florals: The Day's Design / Runner: Mrs. Freund & Co. / Rentals & Chandeliers: The Rental Company / Hair & Makeup: Hailey Hollstein / 

Wasn't it a lovely day?! I can't wait for Thursday's workshop in Georgia. The styled shoot is going to be equally as beautiful!!

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo
Photobucket

5 comments

  1. Gorgeous. I absolutely love the barely blush color of the champagne flutes. Just another subtle touch that ties in so nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful! These photos could be in a magazine, seriously. I'm so impressed with the way Bloom has come together. What a fantastic idea and you are executing it beautifully. Hopefully you two come to Texas someday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad I could be a part! And great tip about filling the glasses :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You girls are dong SUCH a lovely job with Bloom! I wish I lived closer and could hang out amongst all the prettiness for a while:) XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! If you have a specific question, please email me at hello@michaelanoelledesigns.com. I always reply to emails! Have a blessed day! xoxo

Back to Top